Post-Rita Update 2

September 25th, 2005
 

We’re biding our time. We have tossed around the idea of trying to return today, but will probably wait until tomorrow. Tomorrow is the “official” day for Pearlanders to return, but that’s not the sole reason we’re waiting. By waiting we give that many more impatient people the chance to rush home and clog the roads. I’m really hoping that traffic is moving well on the roads before we venture home; I don’t know if I can stand another 23-hour road trip.

Our friends Fred and Jackie stayed here in the motel with us, and they left for home yesterday. We still have not heard from them, and so we have no idea what their drive was like.




Comments are closed.